The Norfolk OPP is reminding boaters that they need to be safe on the water.
Between Friday and Sunday, the OPP say their Marine Unit laid 28 charges.
Here’s the breakdown of the charges:
– 3 Careless boating charges for endangering swimmers
– 6 charges for failing to have life jackets on board a vessel
– 5 Liquor Licence Act charges on a boat while moving
– 8 Canada Shipping Act charges for various equipment violations
– 5 (3) day suspensions for alcohol
– 1 Over 80mgs of alcohol in the blood
Police are reminding boaters that they need to stay alert and safe on the water.